Sallie - not so secret pajamas

Disclaimer: I got this pattern for free, as a thank you for testing it.


What: one-piece pajamas
Pattern: Sallie by Closet Case Patterns, cut view B with modifications
Size cut: 10 for the bottom, 8 for the top
Materials used: floral printed jersey 98% cotton, 2% spandex; 4 cm wide elastic; 5cm wide crochet lace

This used to be a not finished sundress. It sat on my shelves for quite some time. It was a sewing project gone wrong! And now it got a new life in a much needed pajama. 
And since it was cut from a semi finished dress, the pattern placement may be odd. But hey, no one is really going to see it.




I made few changes to the pattern - lowered the waistline and extended the top to get a more of a dropped waist feel. Also the pants were turned into shorts. Pockets and lining were left out. 


I finished the armholes with binding. Now that was the first time ever for me! To sew a binding that extends to a strap on a knit material. It came out okay. The straps and the binding are maybe tad bit wide, but I am not bothered by it at all. I figured a wider binding is much easier to sew than a thin one.


I think Sallie is awesome for PJs! Don't you?

2 comments :

  1. I haven't bought into that jumpsuit craze, because I find them utterly uncomfortable when it comes to going to the bathroom. But a jumpsuit pajama is genius, because if you're lucky, you don't have to go to the bathroom with it! Seriously, I'm all blown away here. Also, nice fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace on the bodice. Definitely kicked this up a notch!

    ReplyDelete