Ginger the Seventh




What: Ginger jeans by Closet Case Patterns
Changes made: cut size 8 of view B, lowered the rise.
Materials: flannel back stretch denim, stretch shirting for pocket bags.

These are my seventh pair of Gingers jeans. Yup. One might say that I have a slight obsession. And yes, I might even agree with that.




The fabric for these was found at Abakhan in "buy by the kilo" bin, as usual. It is very hard to buy denim by the meter here in Estonia. Most of the times the denim is low quality and very light weight, not suited for sewing jeans.
But in the "buy by the kilo" bin they sell production leftovers! You can find all sorts of amazing denims there. And sometimes you buy the worst fabric ever that's luckily cheap!


For this pair I traced a new copy of pattern, and applied all the changes from previous Gingers. I think I now have the ultimate skinny jean pattern that should fit me perfectly next time I sew them.

These jeans will replace two previous skinny fit Gingers in my closet. I feel very sad to part with them...but one pair keeps on shrinking in the wash and the other was too big from the waist due to a fitting error. Hey, I am lazy by nature and ripping the whole waistband out is simply too much.
They will be donated so someone else can hopefully enjoy them!

Speaking of skinny jeans. The "fashion crowd" declared them dead few years ago (in the fall of 2014 I think). Shocker I know. It's all about the "comfort fit" now apparently, and has been for quite some time. Who knew!


I think skinny jeans will never truly go out of style. To me, they are a classical clothing item. And what should I wear with knee-high boots in the winter? Shorts???

No comments:

Post a Comment