Sewing Project Gone Wrong

From time to time I have ideas that go AWFULLY  wrong and I have the “What the EF was I thinking” head scratching moment.

A week or so ago I saw the new Free People campaign featuring Crystal Renn and instantly was drawn to this lace dress.

Image from http://www.freepeople.com/


I thought - “Hey, this is something I can easily make and I WOULD DEFINITELY wear this!”  BUT just in case I wanted to make sure I haven't gone totally cray-cray and asked my friend Linnea on twitter what she thinks of the dress.

Me: Is it too hipster???
Linnea: Huh?
Me: the link to the dress?
Linnea: just showed up... Umm I don't like it :/
Me: But is it okay if I like it??? I think it would look nice on me...
Linnea: I’m not gonna wear it, you can wear whatever you want.
Me: I know, but would it look good on me?
Linnea: I don’t think it looks good on anyone :/ . Sorry

See, I should have listened to my friend!
Consider yourself warned, dear reader, because the following is on the fugly side on the pleasing specter.



Not quit right, now is it?

Oh well, shit happens, right?

What I learned from this:
  • Sometimes your friends do know better
  • Not all lace makes a good dress
  • Not all lace dresses should be made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment