Dark denim boyfriend jeans


BF jeans

Pattern: self drafted
Fabric: 100% cotton dark wash denim


When I saw these jeans from Rihannas line for River Island I knew I wanted, no needed something similar. But of course one cant just walk into a store and buy the denim fabric they need. Oh no, one has to wait for a while to get their hands on a perfect piece of denim. I looked for the fabric for months.

BF jeans front

These are a long waited success in the "boyfriend jean sewing department". Those bad boys are the result of sewing 3 pairs of ill fitting jeans. You do learn from your own mistakes.


I started the quest for perfect self made boyfriend jeans a long time ago with copying pattern from RTW jeans, which fitted almost okay. But when I made some changes to that pattern, things went wrong... all over. The rise and the crotch weren't good, the legs seemed to baggy and so on. Then I finally came to my senses and drafted my own pattern. One muslin and one wearable muslin later, I think I have a good fitting pattern AND a pair of great boyfriend jeans!

Sadly, no pictures of me wearing them jeans. I am very camera shy. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment