Behind the seams - laminated wool parka update

A parka is a knee-length cold-weather coat, typically stuffed with down or very warm synthetic fiber, and with a fur-lined hood. from Wikipedia

The good news is - IT IS READY! No, seriously, finished it today and already wore it out! Super warm. 
The bad news - I need to wait for a good weather to snap pictures, and my photographer needs to be available for that. Also, we have like three hour long days at the moment so... who knows when I can share the finished product! 

Insta round up - mismatched seams, faux fur, my lining and seam sealing.
I still have to sew the fur piece for the hood. Kinda dreading it. I do not like sewing fur. I dislike cutting it even more. I hope that He can stand with vacuum in hand next to me while I cut it.

I also made some research on the fabric. Pontetorto from Italy is making "tecno wool". In that line they have wools that are laminated with a thin water and wind proof membrane. My best bet is that I got  that same fabric from Abakhan. They do sell production leftovers. 
Alchemy Equipment is making some fine outerwear from Pontetorto tech wool. My fabric seems to be pretty damn similar to those...

I really hoped I can find some cleaning instructions for the fabric, but sadly no one is giving that info away on their websites. 

Also, seam sealing the whole thing was a bitch! The tape had a paper backing, that was too stiff, which made it real hard to get the tape over all the bulk that topsticthed seams produce. 



No comments:

Post a Comment