Victory Patterns "Simone" Top

Simone dress

Simone version 2 technical drawing
"Simone" version 2
Well, if you follow my sewing endeavours, you know that few weeks ago I made "Simone" dress in greyish blue viscose. And you also know that I am wee bit scared of prints. I think I may have beaten that fear after I found this lovely poly silk for version 2 of "Simone". 


For the placket and back yoke I used navy blue viscose. I also edited out the front pleats because I felt they create wee bit too much fulness at front for such short style. I also went down a pattern size and used nr4 size (I made the dress in size 6) only because I liked the top to be more fitted. And now I think I should have made the dress in size 4 also...(no I still like the way the dress fits me...very much so!)

"Simone Top" by http://inconditelegrand.blogspot.com/

Sewing the top went a lot smoother than sewing the dress. When I made the dress, I really struggled with the binding, especially with the neck hole binding. So I made that a bit differently this time and it worked better for me.

In other news, I've enterd PatternReview.com's 2013 Jeans Contest. For my pair I will use non stretch denim in REALLY nice deep blue and most likely the classical yellow denim thread. Contest will end on June 30th at 11.59 EST. Voting will start on July 3 and close on July 9. You must be a member of PatternReview.com to vote and each member can vote for up to five entries.

2013 Jeans Contest

See on versioon 2 Victory Patterns'i Simone-ist ehk siis top. Minu õmmeldud Simone kleiti saab näha siit. Kui sa mingil imepärasel kombel oled mu blogi juba lugenud, siis tead, et kleitide õmblemine ei ole just minu tugevaim külg, ning tead ka seda, et mustrilised rõivad tunduvad kergelt hirmutavad.
Mustri hirmust sain veits üle kui leidsin selle suurepäarse sini-rohe-lilla kirju polüester siidi Abhakhanist. Passede jaoks leidsin kena tume sinise viskoosi. 
Topi lõigates, läksin suuruse võrra alla ning  jätsin välja esiosal voldid, kuna tundus et need lisavad tiba liiga palju volüümi kohta kus seda vaja pole. 
Topi õmblemine läks palju libedamalt kui kleidi õmblemine. Eks ikka selle-pärast, et see juba teine kord ja teadsin juba ette mis kohad raskusi valmistavad

No comments:

Post a Comment