Denim culottes

I remember, my mom had a pair of chocolate brown culottes with pleats at the front when she was younger. She looked very Cannes chic wearing them with cork wedge heels. She also had a perm, which wasn't all that cool, LOL.

What: culottes
Materials used: dark light weight denim with 1% stretch, black cotton shirting for pocket bags, four part hook and eye for trousers.
Changes made to the pattern: extra length added at bottom

Culottes


I initially purchased this denim to sew a play suit inspired by "Sex and the City" season 3, episode 16. Carrie wore a denim play suit to her Lerninanics class. 
I had planned to use the same pattern paired with a corset top pattern. But then I got to thinking - that wouldn't it be a hassle to get it off to use the bathroom? And since I have a very nervous bladder, I use the bathroom a LOT!

So, I only made the culottes. I still have plenty of same denim left, so I can still make a separate top. But we will see.

I am especially pleased with the non gaping slanted pockets. It turns out the key here is to cut your pocket bags with a stay! 

denim culottes

No comments:

Post a Comment