slow fashion october - LOVED

This jacket was made four to six years ago. (This proves once again that I am indeed an old bear and I can't remember all) It was my college "outerwear project". I got an A.


The pattern was a mix of two RTW coat patterns, plus me redrafting the front edge. Fabric for this jacket came from the "pay by the kilo" bin from a local fabric store. Same goes for the beige lining. That was the first and the last time I used any cloth that's beige.




 It's fully lined with wool batting. This was also the first and the last time I put the wool batting in the RTW way.


I got the idea for it from a fabric trend forecasting booklet I saw at college library. To me the jacket still seems current, even thou it was designed so many years ago. Or maybe it's because I haven't seen anything quit like it here?



It could clearly use a proper pressing and brushing. The shoulders and the sleeves are stretched out of shape. Hey, the fabric was really cheap, it has clearly lasted longer than it should have.



Did you know you don't have to dry clean your woolen coat all that often?  I've cleaned this jacket twice. But I do brush and press it properly every year before the winter comes. 
Or that when your woolen coat gets wrinkly after a wear, simply hang it in your bathroom after a shower. The moisture will stretch those wrinkles right out again. 

4 comments :