Morgan Jeans 4.0

Disclaimer: I was given this pattern and some notions as a "thank you" for pattern testing


Morgan jeans by Closet Case Pattern front pocket

What: Boyfriend jeans
Pattern used: Morgan Boyfriend Jeans by Closet Case Patterns
Size made: 8
Alterations: Added length, slimmed the back leg piece
Materials: 100% cotton denim in dark navy; poly/cotton mix for pocket bags, Günterman denim thread.
Notions: rivets and buttons from Closet Case Patterns kit


Morgan jeans by Closet Case Pattern front

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Pattern back

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns front

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns back waistband

Morgan jeans by Closet Case Patterns

This is my fourth pair of Morgan jeans; made in the same denim I used for my tester pair. I really like the colour. The fabric it self is soft and has a bit of natural stretch. And it shrinks like a mother ... I  managed to wash my tester pair few size smaller with my washing machine. Now I wash my jeans by hand. Most of the time.

This time I tried something wee bit different than the regular classic five pocket style. 
I got the idea from Ben Viapiana - a custom denim designer, whom I've been following on Instagram for along time now.
I mixed and matched few of his designs to make my own.

After this pair I've made a discovery - not a big fan of button fly. I mean it's cool and all, and has that "authentic" denim-head feel, but sorry, not for me. Zipper fly FTW.


PS If you want to see my jeans guts, check this post. I make them all the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment